Fluke’s PQ400 gives access to the critical power quality and energy data, decreasing testing time and maintaining safety.
COMTEST says with Fluke’s new PQ400 Electrical Measurement Window, a permanently installed interface, technicians have safe and near-instant access to electrical panels for making critical power quality and energy measurements. The PQ400 installs using a standard step drill bit and electro-hydraulic hole punch (114.3 mm, 4.5-inch hole diameter), and allows users to make three-phase voltage, current and ground connects covering most measurement configurations. Once installed, users can simply unlock the window cover, lift the lid, and connect the voltage leads of the logger or analyzer. Then, connect the leads for the current sensors and start making critical measurements. Once complete, the voltage and current connections are simply removed from the front panel interface and the window lid locked, leaving the internal connections in place for future use.
The Fluke PQ400 Electrical Measurement Window enables the connection of three phase measurement equipment to energized panels, without the need to open the panel door, or wear supplemental personal protective equipment (PPE)1.
- Reduce the risk of arc-flash and electrocution, while increasing the safety for personnel
- Decrease maintenance costs and reduce downtime by making critical power quality and energy measurements without opening the panel door, enabling logging and monitoring at any time—without disrupting operations
- Reduce work permit requirements and processes by reducing the hazards associated with taking measurements on open panels, saving time and effort
- Increase measurement efficiency and reduce the need for arc-flash PPE1, saving time, increasing efficiency and increasing operator comfort
1Comply with local and national safety codes. Use personal protective equipment (approved rubber gloves, face protection, and flame-resistant clothes) to prevent shock and arc blast injury where hazardous live conductors are exposed.
PQ400’s Key features:
- Permanently connected voltage and current sensors located inside the electrical panel allows for power quality and energy measurements using the external access points without opening the panel door, reducing operator risk
- Voltage and current connections for three-phase voltages, neutral and ground cover most measurement scenarios
- Automatic probe detection for Fluke 1740 and 1730 series power quality and energy loggers and compatible clamps, eliminates the need to open cabinet to check the clamp model
- Full 360 degree rotation allows the PQ400 window to be oriented in any direction
- CAT IV, 600V and CATIII 1,000V rating according to IEC61010-2-30
- Compatibility with standard 4mm shrouded safety-socket voltage test leads makes it easier to make voltage connections, increases safety by reducing the risk of accidently touching live electrical components, and reduces the need for purchasing specialized voltage leads
Contact COMTEST Tel: 010 595 1821 firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on Fluke’s PQ400 Electrical Measurement Window.